Drivers, car manufacturers, and even mechanics sometimes neglect the need for cleaning vehicle pedals and footrests. It’s important that they’re kept properly so you can avoid slipping and falling on the floor. If you’ve never been taught how to clean car pedals and footrests or are unsure how to do it, this post will teach you some simple steps that will help eliminate rust build-up before anything bad happens.
What Items Do You Need?
- A bucket of warm water.
- Some piece of soft fabric.
- Dish soap.
- Some sort of paintbrush (this will help you in reaching all parts of the pedal).
- Rubbing alcohol
- Some paper towels
How to Clean Car Pedals and Footrest
Step 1: Find a Good Spot to Clean Up
In most cases, people tend to use the driveway or the garage. Avoid using the floor mats as you’ll be cleaning them up in a while.
Step 2: Wipe Off All Dirt on Your Pedals or Footrest
Using warm water and a piece of soft fabric, wipe off all dirt that you can see on your pedals or footrest. Use dish soap if there’s rust or dirt on it as it is known to remove rust from objects and even remove grease stains from clothes.
Step 3: Clean All Rust From the Pedals and Footrest
Using a paintbrush, clean all dirt and rust from the pedals and footrest. Use the rubbing alcohol to help you clean off the parts. Make sure that you use paper towels to dry it up.
Check out: Ways to clean your car tires step-by-step!
Step 4: Drying Up Your Pedals and Footrest
Now comes the most important step in this process: drying up your pedals and footrest properly before moving on to the next one. Let them dry for 24 hours before moving on with other steps or using them again.
Step 5: Cleaning Your Floor Mats
When you’re done, you can then move on to cleaning your floor mats which is usually the last step in cleaning your car.
It’s important that you clean your car regularly so that it remains as immaculate as possible. Aside from the effort and time spent, it’s also necessary to make sure that there are no damages incurred by carelessness in handling a vehicle.
Why to Clean Car Pedals and Footrest
Here are some common reasons why you should clean the car pedals and footrest:
1. You will avoid slipping on the floor resulting in accidents.
2. Your car will appear more attractive and neat to others watching it.
3. You can prolong the usage of your car footrests and pedals if they’re clean and rust-free.
4. Over time, you will be able to save money by spending less on repairs as a result of rust formation in your pedals or footrests due to a lack of cleaning.
5. In time, your pedals and footrests will be free of dust and dirt. This improves the look of your car.
6. You can avoid tripping as you drive your car as a result of poorly maintained pedals or footrests.
7. If you do drop something, you will not be as likely to break it as a result of damaged floor mats or pedals that are dirty.
8. You will be able to avoid slipping on the floor as a result of rusty pedals and footrests.
9. Your carpet might get wet due to rust or dirt, but it’s important that you dry them off properly before using them again given that they’re made of fibers.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1 How to Clean Car Pedals?
The first thing that you have to do is to inspect your car pedals. You will have a chance to check out where the rust is in your pedal. You should be able to see if the corrosion on your pedal has been cleaned off or not.
Read more: How to use dry ice for dent removal?!
If there are rust spots in your pedal, then you need to use some soapy water and an abrasive brush or sponge for cleaning it up. Using a brush or sponge will help you in the process because it will give you a good grip.
#2 How Do They Clean Brake-pedal Dust?
If the dust on the brake pedal is really bad, then you need to use a vacuum to clean it up. If it’s the carpet that is stained, then you have to scrub out the stains with a bright sponge.
#3 How Can I Clean the Car Footrest?
Depending on the type of material and the age of your car, you might need to get more steps done. First, wash off all dirt with warm water and a piece of a soft cloth. You should also make sure that you scrub off any rust from the footrest. After that, you can then use a paintbrush to clean off the footrest.
Did you know: How to clean your car exhaust tips?!
With a little bit of your effort and time, you can easily clean your car pedals and footrests to make sure that they’re as clean as they were when it was new. Aside from the benefits of preventing yourself from slipping on them, you’ll also be able to save up on money since there’s no need for you to spend any mechanic fees just because you didn’t take the time cleaning up your car.