Everyone has a dream car wash solution, but if you’re torn between Krud Kutter and Simple Green, here’s a comparative piece worth reading: krud kutter vs simple green.
Most drivers use both Krud Kutter and Simple Green degreasers to wash their cars, and they look as clean as they should.
When it comes to washing a car, though, you must be cautious about the car wash you use to avoid your paint deteriorating too rapidly. It’s also worth noting that most car washes can damage paint if they aren’t thoroughly dissolved in water before usage.
Krud Kutter vs Simple Green
“Degreasers” are advertised on both Krud Kutter and Simple Green products. This simply means that they are designed primarily as degreasing solutions. But what is a degreaser, exactly?
A degreaser is a substance that aids in the removal of grime, oil, and other stubborn dirt from a surface. Ordinary detergents and cleaning chemicals are less reactive than degreasers.
- Because both chemicals are referred to as degreasers, they are likely to trigger paint deterioration when used for car washing. That isn’t totally accurate; some homemade cleansers can still be used as car wash soaps. What matters most is how you utilize the vehicle wash formula, namely how you dilute it in water.
- It’s also worth noting that Krud Kutter and Simple Green produce different cleaning chemicals, or “degreasers.” They have a variety of cleaning products for various cleaning needs.
- While Krud Kutter’s intense cleaner is the most popular product, Simple Green’s “All-purpose” cleaner is the most the most often utilized.
- Simple Green’s all-purpose cleaner aids in the cleaning of extremely dirty automobiles, as well as making vehicle paint glisten after a wash. Krud Kutter’s intense cleaner, however, can remove tenacious filth and grime from practically any surface.
- Both Krud Kutter and Simple Green products are unquestionably good for car washing. You must, however, utilize them with caution.
The degreaser’s toxicology is as follows:
Many chemicals are combined in every degreaser to give it its cleaning qualities. Some of these compounds are extremely poisonous and can be damaging to users’ health. Trichloroethylene (TCE), N-propyl bromide (nPB), Perchloroethylene (Porc), and other harmful compounds can be found in degreasers.
The degreaser’s toxicity is an extremely essential aspect. The Krud Kutter heavy-duty cleanser, in this case, has no harmful chemicals and is completely safe to use.
On the other side, the basic green all-purpose cleaner has had a number of cases filed against it, questioning its stand on product toxicity. Small levels of hazardous substances such as methylchloroisothiazolinone and sodium dodecyl sulfate, to mention a few, are included in the product.
These compounds can have negative health consequences on users, such as blurred vision, dizziness, and so on. It also contains 2-butoxyethanol, a solvent that causes red blood cell destruction and eye irritation.
Although it is reported that the hazardous levels are decreased to practically nothing when diluted with enough water.
Flammability is a crucial element to consider when choosing a degreaser; most degreasers contain flammable alcohols and hydrocarbon solvents. This means that using it in a room that isn’t sufficiently ventilated or near an open fire will be risky.
Both the simple green purpose and the Krud Kutter heavy-duty clear are non-flammable in these situations. This means you won’t be hesitant to use them near an open fire.
Concerns about the environment
Any negative impact the degreaser has on the environment is referred to as an environmental concern.
- The heavy-duty cleaner from Krud Kutter has no negative impact on the environment.
- There are some concerns about the Simple Green all-purpose cleaner because it has certain negative environmental consequences. If subjected to water bodies, certain of its compounds are thought to be detrimental to aquatic life.
- There are also some court cases pending against the simple green brand, with a potential payout of $45 billion.
So, is Krud Kutter or Simple Green a superior vehicle wash solution? Both are effective at washing vehicles, despite the paint or vehicle type. However, it is critical to emphasize the need for dissolving degreasers before applying them to a vehicle’s exterior body. If you intend to use them for other tasks rather than car washing, the technical comparison might come in handy.